Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Artist: Angela Lewis





Name: Angela Lewis

What are you going to school for? Fashion Designer/Business minor.

Before school what works did you produce? mainly sketches, some painting and crocheting. Mainly jewelry decoration, ect.

Where do the ideas for your work generally come from? Nature pretty much, and people who are more naturalist. Anything natural and pure.

Who influences do you have? India Arie, what she wears, she wants to design stuff like that and she also painted her guitar a certain way that inspired me to do the same for my own guitar.

What do you usually participate in to bring about creative ideas? Usually when I am listening to music or outside thinking and listening.

Does any of your work really have any kind of meaning right now? Not really, most of my work doesn't focus too much on telling any kind of a story.

Out of all the different mediums of art you work in, what do you enjoy doing the most currently? Crocheting, i've been doing it since i was nine so its very therapeutic.

Why do you enjoy doing what you do? Because it makes me proud when i see someone enjoy what i am doing, to create beauty.

Do you create things usually with yourself in mind or the viewer? its a personal image but more like crocheting i try to create things that i would like to wear, but i know that other people dont really like what i would enjoy wearing so i think that its important to make things with the viewer in mind as well

Did you have a creatively stimulating environment as a child? everyone in my family is apart of art, my dad painted alot when he was younger, my mom was an art major, my sister paints frequently and draws, and my brother went to SCAD as a graphic design major, so yes...i had a very artistically nurturing environment growing up as a child.

When considering the process of creativity where you have things like coming up with ideas, evaluating them , working on them and ect. What would you consider the most crucial step in that process? I would say that evaluating my work and editting it would be the most important step in my creative process. 

No comments: